- …wow, Shakespeare really likes bee metaphors, huh?
- still thinking about KING BEES and their lack of pricks
- my prurient interest in chains of office is being really played to right now
- ooooh gloves
- also fuck you henry if you have to say I’M NOT A TYRANT I’M NOT GOING TO KILL MY BROTHERS I’M NOT GOING TO KILL YOU FOR TELLING ME BAD NEWS maybe you should… think… about that
- (it’s quite likely unintentional — god knows I have a twitchy face — but Henry’s eye starts to twitch a little when the guy starts in on savoring too much of his youth etc.)
- the dukedoms that you……………………….. claim
- menacing ball-handling
- ooooooh dude ooh
- the audience laughing @ this particular delivery of “has turned his balls to gunstones”: yeah, me too
- …as you probably have guessed if you read Ne’er Seen But Wondered At, I find this scene really intense (and the way Henry kind of unfolds it before getting to his point)
- silken dalliance in the wardrobe would be a quality hal/poins fic title set in this time frame (y’know if you’re down for that)
- womp, it’s nym time, gonna just… kinda chill
To be fair, the whole “I’m not going to kill you for telling me bad news” isn’t so much Henry V, as the previous kings. (Yes, I have a soft spot for Henry V)
Hi! I'm 25 (f), and I like knitting, books, and cooking. Ask me about 17th Century poetry!
I review a book every Monday and Thursday on teatalksbooks.tumblr.com Links Etc Ask me some questions, I'll tell you some lies. Good ones!
it bothers me that Kansas and Arkansas are not pronounced the same
I’m from the UK and I have been pronouncing Arkansas as Ar-Kansas my whole life
For all my non-american friends, Arkansas is pronounced ark-an-saw
More sharp than filed steel, did spur me forth;
And not all love to see you, though so much
As might have drawn one to a longer voyage,
But jealousy what might befall your travel,
Being skilless in these parts; which to a stranger,
Unguided and unfriended, often prove
Rough and unhospitable: my willing love,
The rather by these arguments of fear,
Set forth in your pursuit. Antonio (Twelfth Night, Act III scene iii)
So in the comics Hawkeye has 80% hearing loss.
The Black Widow is Russian.
Can you imagine when they’re on a mission and something goes wrong; the police are about to arrest them and they fall back on Plan H.
Black Widow, “So remember, you’re deaf and I don’t speak English”
Got exercise. Do not want! Return to sender!