Used to be a fashion commandment: “No brown in town.” And so businessmen would robotically wear gray or navy every day. Well, that rule, like a lot of rules, has been wadded up and tossed out the office window. Here, Danish badass Mads Mikkelsen shows why a suit in tobacco, copper, or coffee has gone from kinda stuffy to totally cutting-edge (x)
Oh my god that double-breasted suit though.
I’M IN AGONY
why isn’t fan fiction a class at school it’s like sex education and english all rolled into one
I sure as hell hope you don’t use fanfiction as a guide to sex, because god have mercy on your arse
I love Kickstarter. I think that’s clear to people who know me by now? I love it. There’s a dude named Brad Muir and he works at Double Fine and I love the games they make, so much. But before Kickstarter, every time a Double Fine game came out I was a little worried it would be their last, and I’d have to worry that if people didn’t buy it, who knows what would happen to that studio. Then they found KIckstarter and now they make games and people like me can front load the development cost for them and it is the absolute best arrangement for creative people who want a tool in the exhausting struggle of art + commerce. A friend of mine is taking a month off her job to write a children’s book because of this platform. It’s GREAT. I love it.
The outcome of this is that I spend a lot of time just browsing Kickstarter looking for something cool to either back or crow about online. I don’t really back much - I don’t have a ton of capitol to toss around, and I’m sure the fact that I have a lot of ideas and no money factors into my love of a platform that gives money to people with ideas - but I like to check it out. So tonight, I found THIS fucking thing.
This is a nightmare.
Watching the video, reading the description, it sounds fairly innocent but a little eye-roll inducing. It’s another book where some nerd, desperate to be liked by women (this is not an insult, we are ALL desperate to be liked by someone we want to have sex with) thinks he’s figured out some cheat code or check-list like routine they can run in a bar to make women sleep with them, as if women aren’t people but a series of subroutines or an obstacle course that they can optimize to get their dick wet as fast as possible. And he’s written that advice down! And he’s selling it! To you! You could learn his cheat codes. This is nothing new for the internet. In fact, a large swath of this book was published already on Reddit. What’s new is that he’s crowdfunding it.
And sure, you might think this is sad or dumb or that this guy is just another lonely dude talking to other lonely dudes who’ll head out into the night with their fedoras to failure, right? Not a big deal? Oops, turns out we’re wrong, because here are some excerpts from what he’s already put on Reddit -
”5) Get CLOSE to her, damn it!
To quote Rob Judge, “Personal space is for pussies.” I already told you that the most successful seducers are those who can’t keep their hands off of women. Well you’re not gonna be able to do that if you aren’t in close! ”
“All the greatest seducers in history could not keep their hands off of women. They aggressively escalated physically with every woman they were flirting with. They began touching them immediately, kept great body language and eye contact, and were shameless in their physicality. Even when a girl rejects your advances, she KNOWS that you desire her. That’s hot. It arouses her physically and psychologically.”
“Decide that you’re going to sit in a position where you can rub her leg and back. Physically pick her up and sit her on your lap. Don’t ask for permission. Be dominant. Force her to rebuff your advances.”
Pull out your cock and put her hand on it. Remember, she is letting you do this because you have established yourself as a LEADER. Don’t ask for permission, GRAB HER HAND, and put it right on your dick.”
SO. Now I am no longer rolling my eyes.
This guy is no longer just being weird and creepy on the internet. Now he’s writing a book about how to sexually assault women, and he is using something I believe in (Kickstarter) to ask YOU for money to do it. I am offended as someone who believes in the platform, and more importantly I am offended as someone who believes women shouldn’t be treated this way, and that people who say otherwise CERTAINLY should not profit off saying they should.
This isn’t harmless. People come to these boards because they are scared of being humiliated, and they are saying to the world, “Tell me what to do, because I don’t know what to do.” And this guy has chosen to tell them, “You should be a rapist.”
There’s largely nothing we can do about people saying this shit on a place like Reddit - Reddit’s a mess for another time - but let’s get it off of Kickstarter. The project is funded in 10 hours - and unfortunately a lot of those are sleeping hours - but PLEASE report it to Kickstarter, please tweet @Kickstarter asking them to take it down, and PLEASE do not let something cool be used for the UGLIEST thing imaginable.
The Kickstarter - Report Button is on the bottom of the page
Please Tweet at @Kickstarter
I’ve reported this and tweeted at KS. I just hope someone on that end will be around to deal with the flood of complaints before the project is funded. Shit like this flies under the radar far too often.
I’ll put this here too, for good measure.
Worth reporting - it just takes a couple of seconds.
Brazil June 17, 2013
1. A military police officer pepper sprays a protester during a demonstration in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Monday, June 17, 2013. (Victor R. Caivano/AP)
2. Protestors are reflected on the glass of a building, left, as they march in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Monday, June 17, 2013. Protests in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and other Brazilian cities, set off by a 10-cent hike in public transport fares, have clearly moved beyond that issue to tap into widespread frustration in Brazil about a heavy tax burden, politicians widely viewed as corrupt and woeful public education, health and transport systems and come as the nation hosts the Confederations Cup soccer tournament and prepares for next month’s papal visit. (Felipe Dana/AP)
3. Demonstrators march in Rio de Janeiro downtown on June 17, 2013, against higher public transportation fares and the use of public funds to disrupt international football tournaments. (Christophe Simon/AFP/Getty Images)
4. Demonstrators face riot police during one of the many protests around Brazil’s major cities in Belo Horizonte June 17, 2013. (Pedro Vilela/Reuters)
5. Demonstrators shout anti-government slogans behind a banner during one of many protests around Brazil’s major cities in Sao Paulo June 17, 2013. (Alex Almeida/Reuters)
6. A demonstrator shouts at police during a protests in front of the Brazilian National Congress in Brasilia, Brazil, Monday, June 17, 2013. (Eraldo Peres/AP)
7. Policemen arrest students during a protest at the National Congress, on June 17, 2013 in Brasilia. (Evaristo Sa/AFP/Getty Images)
8. A demonstrator argues with police during a protest against the Confederation’s Cup and the government of Brazil’s President Dilma Rousseff in Brasilia June 17, 2013. (Ueslei Marcelino/Reuters)
9. Protestors march in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on June 17, 2013. (Felipe Dana/AP)
10. A demonstrator waves a Brazilian flag by a burning a car in downtown Rio de Janeiro June 17, 2013. (Sergio Moraes/Reuters)
this is a good post on top of the importance of the events happening in brazil rn because it actually gives credit to the photographers, their agencies, and the captions. a+
protests rockin the world atm
See the other fandoms here
Poster made by tchy
What is that
What is that is it a winged domino or something? Is it like the hourglass batmobile? Is it Adam’s idea of the Scales of Justice or Pestilence or something? What is it?
It COULD be a winged Bentley, I suppose. Or possibly a wing mask with the eyes in the wrong place. Or… you got me, honest you do. I have no idea.
i did a thing
this obviously isn’t exhaustive - these aren’t all the reasons why these women are feminists, and it’s certainly not all the feminists in pop culture at the moment
if i forgot anyone please put them in the reblogs
i had no idea that there was a film of Speak, or that Kristen Stewart was in it. Good for her!
This IS a game of “Who the fuck are you”!
- Name: for the purposes of this website, Tea works; if you’re in the YW fandom, you know my name.
- Age: 24
- Height: 5’9”
- Weight: balanced
- Relationship status: single
- Birthday: In the beginning of May
- Favorite color: I actually really like colors in general, and am convinced secretly-not-secretly-now that if I express a preference for one over the other then its feelings might get hurt so no. I do tend to gravitate towards earth tones, though.
- Favorite Musical Artists: Florence and the Machine, Decemberists, Magnetic Fields, Mountain Goats, P!ink, Alexander Borodin, the Cranberries… lots more, this is a decent start though.
- Last song listened: can’t recall, though probably something off my Ridiculous Hannibal Playlist which is full of Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson.
- Favorite movie: I DON’T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE. It definitely used to be Pride and Prejudice, but… there are just so many good movies. Still, 1995 P&P has a special place in my heart. Very formative.
- Last movie watched: Hotel Transylvania
- Favorite book: ALL THE BOOKS. No, seriously, can we just make this favorite poet? We are. That’s easier. My favorite poet is Gerard Manley Hopkins, and my second favorite poets are tied between Eavan Boland and Nuala ni Dhomhnaill whose name I might have spelt wrong, it’s challenging.
- Last book read: Les Mis & House of Leaves, at the moment
- # of siblings: 2
- # of pets: I have a dog. In another country.
- Best school subject: English. Though I’m pretty good academically speaking. Math is not my forte.
- Cell phone type: iPhone. I study on it a lot.
- Current shirt color: um. yeah. about that. not actually wearing a shirt? it’s summer!
- Gamer? nope, I suck too much for it to be fun
- Day or night? morning. and early evening.
- Summer or winter? WINTER. Fuck summer and all it stands for.
- Most-visited website? tumblr
- Celebrity crush: oh god, my mind went blank. I suppose I admire - oooh. Neil Gaiman. Yeah.
- Biggest turn on: excellent conversation WITH SILLINESS. I find people who are clever and having fun attractive.
subway??? no man this is domway. we tell you how you want your sandwich and u shut up and eat it.
This is domway, where we pre-negotiate how the sandwich will be made with your full understanding of the ingredients and their usual consequences. If the worst happens and you don’t like the sandwich you can use a safeword, we’ll remove it and immediately stop lunch. Then we’ll remake it for you the way you like, with plenty of communication to avoid those ingredients in the future. That way you can build a foundation of trust with us, and enjoy yourself by safely giving yourselves into the hands of other sandwich-makers who have proven their responsibility and compassion with your dietary needs.
Guys the Chris Argent School for Werewolves Who Can’t Werewolf Good is real.
Reason why I love Nat ^^^^^^
I DON’T KNOW NAT, BUT MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY WHILE WATCHING THIS EPISODE lol
I want Derek to start carrying around a spray bottle of water and every time Isaac even LOOKS at Cora he squirts him with it
Yes. But I am kind of amazed that Isaac can actually even think about Cora right now. He has no idea of her personality, and has not seen her besides rabid and wolfed-out. It… doesn’t seem very attraction-building to me? I guess she IS the first non-Erica female werewolf he’s met, though.
Guys, I’m really genuinely worried about what happened to the Camaro though, because getting rid of important/meaningful possessions is one of the major warning signs of suicidal intent.
And what he did in the boiler room? Seemed a lot like he didn’t want to come out alive.
This is exactly why I’m worried. On its own, I’d be willing to write it off as a writing glitch and maybe the show not fully realizing how attached the fandom is to the Camaro. But there’s also Derek’s weary, “Go home, Scott” instead of even mentioning that he needs help; there’s the fact that we haven’t seen him shift beyond eyes, fangs and claws even when his life is actively in danger; there’s “I know exactly what I’m risking: my life for theirs” and “that’s why I’m going alone” and just standing there without fighting back while Boyd and Cora try to maul him to death.
I really want to believe that it’s just a fault in the writing, but there are too many other warning signs right now for me to feel comfortable doing that. And I wish they’d just tell us definitively what happened to the damned car, so I can know for sure not if he’s suicidal, but how far along his thoughts have progressed.
/sighs happily. he’s perfect.
So now that we’ve had that “have Crystal Reed at your Teen Wolf watchparty” contest, can we have another one where if you win, Keahu will come over with a tub of popcorn to wing at the TV as he snarks at the show along with you?
Man, I was totally ID-ing with this lady - she is clearly a new teacher who is PASSIONATE ABOUT HER JOB and EAGER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE and INVESTED IN HER STUDENTS. And she is staying late because she’s new and has no idea what the fuck she’s doing, yeah. And she’s really worried, and hasn’t learned that the best thing to do is balance your work out because otherwise you won’t survive, especially if you care about all your students, it is tough.